Leadership and Educational Expeditions
See your group challenged—and watch them grow
On a Boreal River leadership and educational expedition, your group will bond as a team and grow as individuals. Participants will be challenged to step out of their comfort zones, learning skills to navigate whitewater and live in the wilderness—and building confidence along the way.
Whether you are from a school, a community organization, or a group with specialized needs, you’ll get a customized trip that meets your program’s objectives.
Build skills and confidence
Here are just a few examples of some of the customized trips groups have taken with us:
- Gatineau River Expedition: 3 days of beginner rafting and wilderness skills with students from St. George’s High School
- Magpie River with Innu Youth: week-long leadership development with 15 to 25 year olds
- Magpie River kayaking with Falling Creek Camp: 8-day expedition for teens with intermediate / advanced boating skills
- Batiscan River Expedition: 10 days of wilderness canoe tripping with Bishops College School’s ‘Ondaatje Endeavour'
about the trip you envision.
5 reasons to organize an expedition with Boreal River
- Risk management: By understanding your organization’s goals and risk tolerance, we’ll use our safety and risk management expertise to plan your trip with maximum benefits while minimizing risk.
- Consistently valuable and high quality experiences: Get the best experience for your group each and every time. We sweat the details. We plan extensively so that your program provides meaningful life experiences and lasting results.
- Inspiring leadership: Professional and caring, our Boreal River leaders are experienced outdoor educators and skilled guides. Your participants will naturally look up to them as positive role models with healthy, active lifestyles.
- Customized programming: Your organization’s goals and the needs of your group members are unique. We’ll learn about your traditions and create a program that adds to the foundation that you have already built.
- Results-focused: For quality assurance and proof of results, we’ll provide you with photos, materials and a post trip report. These will showcase the value of the program to others, and help you win the approval and support that you need within your organization.
During the expedition, you can also choose to include skills training that results in internationally recognized certifications for your participants. Examples include a whitewater rescue, wilderness skills and safety, or whitewater paddling certification.
Our instructors can certify your group members through a variety of internationally recognized training providers including:
- Wilderness Medical Associates International
- Boreal River Rescue
- Paddle Canada & ORCKA
- International Rafting Federation
- American Canoe Association